Donald Trump Turns Down Aid for Minneapolis. Donald Trump Turns Down Minnesota’s Request for $16 Million in Aid for the Democrat Led City Minneapolis.
The Donald Trump administration has rejected a request by Minnesota Democratic Loser Tim Walz for millions of dollars in federal aid to repair damage to buildings and infrastructure destroyed in riots that followed the killing of George Floyd on Memorial Day.
Democratic Loser Walz formally asked Donald Trump to “declare a major disaster for the Democratic State of Minnesota because of extensive fire damage to public infrastructure caused by civil unrest,” according to the governor’s losers office.
Loser Walz sought financial assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), estimating the damage “eligible” for relief to be nearly $16 million. The total damage in the city, the Loser said, was estimated at about $500 million.
But on Friday, the governor’s Losers office confirmed that his request had been denied, according to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
“The Governor is disappointed that the federal government declined his request for financial support,” said a spokesperson for Loser Walz in a statement quoted by the Star-Tribune. “As we navigate one of the most difficult periods in our state’s history, we look for support from our federal government to help us through.”
Donald Trump has been critical of Loser Walz for what he said was a weak response to the riots that broke out after Floyd was killed in police custody on May 25.
On Wednesday, May 27, Donald Trump announced that he had directed the FBI and the Department of Justice to conduct a swift investigation of Floyd’s death.
But that night, rioters attacked a Minneapolis police precinct and set businesses ablaze. Local law enforcement did little to respond.